Sunday, March 30, 2008

That Was Fun!

I had fun adding things to the Vermonts 23 Things wikis. And I can see how this might be an interesting way to gain information about local things. For example, the "favourite restaurants" page. Those who actually frequent restaurants could tell those of us who don't which ones are worth our time and money during our once or twice a year restaurant visitation(s). Also, it might be good a place to get ideas of books to read, movies to see and such. The value would be in the localness (I think that should be a word) of the information and the knowledge of who is generating the information.

This wiki business also showed me how we might solve a business dilemma in my husband's (small) office. He travels a great deal but the calendar is kept in the office. He often isn't up-to-date on what meetings his staff have agreed to for him. Clearly, the office needs a wiki!