Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yes, I know.  Week three was actually weeks ago.  I may catch up someday!

Flickr has been an important part of my life for more than a year now, but as a visitor rather than as a user.  I have a son doing a two-year volunteer stint in Micronesia and he decided that Flickr was probably the best way to share pictures of his new home, work and friends with those of us left far behind.  It's been absolutely wonderful for us, though the sandy beaches, the palm trees, the blue lagoons and the glorious sunsets have evoked a certain wistfulness in me this winter.


At Christmas our oldest son, his wife and their toddler visited him.  They posted their pictures on kodakgallery.com.  I haven't decided which site I find easiest, but I think I'll try to figure out how to get pictures from both of them and see how that works.  No matter, they've both been a great means of keeping our family in visual touch.